This post contains affiliate links. If you click through & make a purchase, we will earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read our Affiliate Disclaimer for more info.
Hello everyone and welcome back to another post! My family and I are enjoying welcoming in the cooler, Fall weather. So today, I wanted to share with you our favorite fun Fall Disney inspired activities for keeping kids busy!
#1 Bake Mickey Shaped Pumpkin Treats
When the temperature drops, we just want to make delicious pumpkin treats! Nothing says comfort like some fresh baked cookies or waffles. Why not make them in the shape of your favorite Disney icons? Check out these fun Mickey-shaped cookie cutters! When craving pumpkin waffles, I always break out my trusted Mickey waffle maker.
#2 Make Pumpkin Slime with Disney Add-ins
Any one else’s kids obsessed with slime? I’m pretty sure the slime is out daily in our house. You can easily put a Fall spin on “slime time” by making your own pumpkin slime! You can use your favorite slime recipe and add orange food coloring and Pumpkin Spice mix. Then, to put a little pixie dust in it, get creative with Disney add-ins! Here are some great Disney confetti options:
Here’s a great video on how to make pumpkin slime:
#3 Carve (or Paint) a Disney Pumpkin
We love transforming pumpkins into works of art! There are a lot of Disney patterns to use when painting or carving those pumpkins. You and the family can easily google images, cut them out to make stencils, and then trace onto your pumpkins! Disney Family also has some free online “printables”. Don’t forget your carving kits!
#4 Explode a Disney Pumpkin
Exploding anything is bound to entertain your kids! So why not explode a pumpkin? Ok, I’m not talking a huge explosion (because, ya know, safety), but why not carve your Mickey pumpkin and then try out these two options:
- Baking soda and vinegar: Remember making “volcanoes” in school? Well, kids still love them! I recommend adding some baking soda into a container that is placed inside your carved pumpkin (you can even dye to baking soda with food coloring!). Then pour in a some distilled white vinegar and watch the reaction go!
- Elephant toothpaste: This such a cool science experiment and playing with the foamy “toothpaste” is a blast! Check out Science Bob’s post on how to make it! Don’t forget to add those Disney confetti pieces for a little more pixie dust!
- Pro Tip: You can use the hydrogen peroxide in your medicine cabinet (which is at a concentration of 3%), however, the reaction won’t be as robust. I recommend purchasing some 6% hydrogen peroxide from Amazon to achieve that “wow” factor! Trust me, the 3% can be a little anticlimatic (yes, I speak from experience!).
Here’s the YouTube video from T-Rex Ranch that inspired my exploding pumpkins idea:
#5 Make a Disney Bird Feeder
Bird watching never gets old! It’s always fun for kids to feed animals, so why not the ones living in your own backyard? It is easy to make a simple hanging bird feeder. Just be warned… those squirrels may also get to the treats!
You’ll need the following supplies:
- Mickey or Disney shaped stencil (I usually just do the simple Mickey head!)
- peanut butter
- bird seed
- yarn or string for hanging
Here are the simple steps to make your feeder:
- Place your Disney stencil on the cardboard and cut out the shape.
- Cut a hole at the top and thread through your yarn or string. Tie both end together to form a loop for hanging.
- Spread your peanut butter on one or both sides of the cut cardboard.
- Dip the peanut butter covered shape into a plate of bird seed.
- Hang up your bird feeder for the critters to enjoy!
I hope you have as much fun as we do with these Fall Disney inspired activities for kids! Which one do you think your family will enjoy most?
Check back next week for an all new post!
Until then… Cheers!!