Hello and welcome back to KatDoesDisney! I can’t wait to share the BEST news with you! Are you ready? Disney World just announced proposed reopening dates! This wonderful news is following the phased opening of Disney Springs last week. So, let’s get right into it…
According to the Disney Parks Blog, the Disney World Theme Parks, Resort Hotels, and Disney stores are scheduled to open by mid-July. The Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force in Florida is currently reviewing these proposed plans. Pending approval, here is when we can expect the magic to begin:
- June 15: Disney Vacation Club Resorts in Vero Beach, Florida and Hilton Head, South Carolina
- June 22: Walt Disney World Vacation Club Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds
- July 11: Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom
- July 15: Epcot and Hollywood Studios
What else can we expect? Well, the proposed plan also includes new protocols to keep guests and cast members safe and healthy. These include:
- Theme park capacity limits
- Postponement of parades and nighttime spectaculars
- Cancellation of make over experiences (think Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique)
- Playground closures
- No character meet and greet opportunities (characters will still be in the parks entertaining, however!)
- Required face coverings for all cast members and guests (ages 3+ yrs)
- Temperature checks for all guests and cast members prior to entering
- Recommended cashless transactions (yay for those nifty Magic Bands!)
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high traffic areas
Due to Disney limiting theme park capacities, a new reservation system will be up-and-running. Thus, all guests will need to obtain a reservation prior to entering any of the theme parks. New ticket sales and resort hotel reservations are currently on hold as Disney focuses on accommodating guests with existing tickets and reservations. You’re in luck if you currently have a ticket, reservation, or Annual Pass as Disney will work first on honoring those. Disney will announce later on when new ticket sales and reservations will be allowed. Additional details will be announced at a later date.
There you have it! That’s all you need to know right now for Disney World reopening dates.
So, what are your thoughts on all of this? Tell me in the comments below!
By the way, if you’re in the market for some stylish, well-made Disney face masks (and other amazing doodads!), check out AMGAMCrafts on Etsy! We love our Star Wars masks with ear savers!
Tune in next week for an all new post!
Until then… Cheers!!