Traveling to Disney World can pose a lot of challenges, but eating at a quick service location shouldn’t be one of them! That’s where Mobile Ordering comes in to make your life a lot easier (especially if you have kids in your party!). Using the Mobile Ordering system is one of favorite tips and tricks at Disney World. So here’s our guide to Disney World Mobile Ordering!
What is Mobile Ordering?
Mobile Food and Beverage Ordering is a convenient, free service for Disney Resort guests. This allows you to preorder food and beverage items at participating quick service restaurants in the Disney Parks and Resort hotels. After placing your order, you proceed to the designated Mobile Ordering pick-up counter to receive your meal. It’s that simple!
This service is increasing in popularity for its convenience factor. As a result, Disney is expanding its list of participating locations! Here is a link to all restaurants on Disney World property that currently accept Mobile Ordering.
How do I Use Mobile Ordering?
It is very simple to use Mobile Ordering services! Be sure to download and log in to the My Disney Experience app on your smartphone. These are the quick and easy steps to placing your Mobile Order:
- Recently, the app is displaying an option for Mobile Ordering right on the home screen (if it does, just click “Order Now”). If not, click on the “hamburger button” (three horizontal lines) at the bottom of the screen and select “Mobile Food Orders.”
- On the next screen, click on “Create New Order” and select your restaurant from the list provided!
- The restaurant screen will give you all necessary information including breakfast, lunch, and dinner times, restaurant location, directions to the restaurant, restaurant description, and accepted Dining Plans. When ready, hit “Order Food”.
- The next screen will tell you the arrival window (usually several hours) and all of the menu items grouped into categories (Limited time offerings, snacks, beverages, etc). Click on the individual menu items to learn more about them and to customize it to your preferences. Click “+ Add” to add the item to your order.
- Once complete, you can review your order summary, add any last minute items, and place it by selecting “Purchase”.
- Now, your order will NOT be prepared immediately after hitting the “Purchase” button! You have to be in the vicinity of the restaurant to be able to have it fulfilled. When you arrive, simply select “I’m Here, Prepare My Order” button and it will be fulfilled.
- The app will notify you when your order is ready! Just proceed to the “Mobile Order Pick Up” sign to retrieve it and enjoy! 🙂
What are the pros to Mobile Ordering?
There’s a reason why this service is so popular! You can pay easily using credit card, debit card, or even the Disney Dining Plan. Not only is it convenient, it usually saves time since you shouldn’t have to wait for your food (however, see cons section below!). This way you or your loved ones won’t be cranky and hangry! Plus, it is fun to order exclusive “secret menu items.” We loved the chicken breast nuggets from D-Luxe Burger! Finally, I find the menu very easy to navigate. I like the feeling of not being rushed to make a decision! I don’t want to suffer “food regret” on my Disney vacation.
The Mobile Ordering menu does feature Disney check items and allergy-friendly options. These are clearly labeled!
What are the Cons to Mobile Ordering?
There are some cons to the Mobile Ordering system. First and foremost, Annual Pass (AP) discounts are not available through this system. In order to receive the AP discount, you need to place the order in-person. Additionally, not every quick service location participates in Mobile Ordering, especially when it comes to the Disney World Resort hotels. There are some locations, such as Casey’s Corner, where Mobile Ordering is not any faster (and may actually take more time!). My husband was fit to be tied after waiting nearly 45 minutes for our order at Casey’s Corner! Finally, if there are specific allergy-friendly needs that are not on the Mobile Ordering menu, you will need to see a Special Diets Trained Cast Member in person at the restaurant.
All-in-all, Mobile Ordering is a convenient service at the Disney World Resort! I hope this guide helps you when placing your next mobile order!
Be sure to tune in Thursday for another all new full length post!
Until then, cheers!!