Hello and welcome back to a new post this week! Getting tired of winter weather? Us as well! So today we will talk about all things SPRING! More specifically, the 2021 Taste of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. It’s such a fun time to celebrate all things spring!
This year, the 2021 Taste of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is running from March 3 through July 5! That’s a nice long time to see “what’s budding” in Epcot. Here are all of the highlights to expect this year:
We love Epcot festival food! The Flower & Garden Festival certainly has its fair share of outdoor kitchens. These kitchens have specialty food and drink items specific to this Festival. Be sure to come hungry (and wear some stretchy pants) as some of this year’s kitchens sound mouthwatering! Check out this impressive list from Disney’s site:
- Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market- Enjoy Bavarian bites sure to sate foodies of all ages!
- Cider House (Located in World Showplace)- Savor buzz-worthy ciders.
- The Citrus Blossom- Treat your taste buds foods featuring all things citrus!
- Festival Favorites (Located in World Showplace)- Checkout this location in World Showplace featuring all of the festival favorites!
- Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth- Discover the many flavors of healthy cuisine in this delightful eatery, featuring vegetables straight from the garden!
- Fleur de Lys- Indulge in haute cuisine and boissons that’ll make you fall in ooo-la-la-love with this palate-pleasing Parisian pop-up!
- Hanami- Journey to Japan for innovative plates crafted with culinary Zen.
- Jardin de Fiestas- Take a food-tastic tour of the Mexico Pavilion!
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™- Quell cravings with an incredible menu of all-natural food and drink infused honey!
- La Isla Fresca- Nibble on Caribbean-seasoned dishes that’ll send appetites swaying to the island beat!
- Lotus House- Sink your teeth into authentic Chinese eats filled with morsels of good fortune!
- Magnolia Terrace- Get a nice, cozy feeling with some comfort food inspired by the Gulf region.
- Northern Bloom- Please discriminating palates with fantastic fare from our Great White North neighbor… O Canada!
- Pineapple Promenade- Get your tropical fruit fix from tart ‘n’ tangy to the sweetest frozen treats!
- Primavera Kitchen- Mangiare hearty helpings of Old-Country dishes served with a glass of vino… now that’s amore!
- Taste of Marrakesh- Intoxicate taste buds with the exotic flavors of this North African mecca—mysterious Morocco!
- Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible™ Foods- Delight in some of your favorite foods—created from innovative recipes with some impossibly delicious twists
Topiary Displays and Gardens
Epcot itself is completely transformed into a springtime festival with amazing topiary displays and seriously impressive gardens. These topiaries of beloved Disney characters are primped and pruned by the expert Disney horticulturists. One of our favorites is Lady and the Tramp located in the Italy Pavilion. Just see how much love and care goes into these green works of art!
In addition to these amazing topiaries, there are gardens sprinkled throughout the park that just cant be missed! The colors and sweet smells are intoxicating! We must always visit the the Goodness Garden Butterfly House at Future World West. Here, you step into a tent and see gorgeous butterflies up close! We always try to have one land on us (no luck so far!). It’s fun, beautiful, and edu-tainment at its best! What better way to teach kids about metamorphosis than in Disney World?!
No Epcot festival is complete without live entertainment. Now, that is a bit tricky given the need for social distancing. However, Disney has done a great job with providing live shows while keeping everyone safe. Here is the lineup from Disney’s website:
- Jammin’ Gardeners (Canada Mill Stage)- Tap your feet to the syncopated sounds of the funkiest gardeners around.
- Voices of Liberty (America Gardens Theatre)- Get swept away by inspiring vocal performances celebrating America’s spirit and beauty.
- Mariachi Cobre (America Gardens Theatre) – Enjoy an exuberant performance of world-famous, traditional folk music.
- Pianist (World Showplace)- Relax and enjoy a selection of songs of the season.
One of the things everyone in our family, regardless of age, loves to do during an Epcot festival is the scavenger hunts. The 2021 Taste of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival actually has two, yes two, scavenger hunts!
- Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration
- Keep your eyes peeled for Spike the Bee buzzing around the Festival. As with all hunts, purchase your map ($7.99 USD) and stickers at designated merchandise locations. Then wonder around the park and search for Spike and match flower with his location! Once you’ve completed your map, return it for a fun surprise!
- Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt
- First, you’ve gotta purchase your map ($7.99 USD) and stickers at the designated merchandise locations. Then look around Epcot for hidden Easter eggs featuring your favorite Disney characters! Return your completed map for a spring surprise!
I don’t know about you, but see and smell those flowers blooming! Don’t forget to check out our last post about the all new perks for Annual Passholders!
Until next time… Cheers!!!