So far there have been a lot of posts about doing Disney World with kids. However, Disney World has a lot to offer for date night! My favorite Disney park to spend with my husband is, hands down, Epcot. Thus, here are some ideas for a great date night in Epcot at Disney World!
There are so many great suggestions, that I’m actually splitting this topic into 2 parts. So be sure to tune back in on Monday for Part 2!
Eating in Epcot
One of the best reasons to have a coveted date night in Epcot at Disney World is for all of the outstanding food options! In my opinion, no other Disney park comes close to the variety of cuisines and quality of food. There are a few recommendations I have for a great date night:
Table Service Recommendations
Epcot has some really unique table service restaurants and my husband and I always love eating by the water. So, If you’re looking to admire the views of World Showcase Lagoon (the body of water in the middle of the World Showcase) and perhaps catch the fireworks show, these are our go-to locations:
- La Hacienda de San Angel: Located in the Mexico Pavilion, this restaurant has an Old World vibe and serves up some great Mexican cuisine. Let’s not forget the margaritas! They mix-up some of the same insanely popular versions as La Cava del Tequila. The restaurant even has a Tequila Ambassador on staff to answer any questions you may have! Plus, this location is closed in so it makes for an extremely comfortable fireworks viewing spot. No need to worry about weather or bugs!
- Spice Road Table: This is actually my new favorite restaurant on World Showcase Lagoon! Located in the Morocco Pavilion, Spice Road Table has some outstanding food and offers some of the best lake views. The cuisine is Mediterranean-inspired and serves up dishes such as hummus, grape leaves, and lamb-sliders. They have a full-service bar that has some fun signature cocktails. That Andalusian Nights is calling my name! 🙂
- Rose & Crown Dining Room: Rose & Crown Dining Room is a very popular dining spot to see the fireworks. So much so, that Disney now offers a fireworks viewing dinner package! If you do not feel like sitting lakeside, have no fear! There is comfortable seating inside the restaurant. This place serves up famous British fare and has a pub right inside! The Scott Egg appetizer is amazing!
No matter which restaurant you choose, be sure to secure those Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs) 180 days in advance! You have a better chance of getting those ADRs if you decide to stay on-property!
Quick Service Recommendations
There are some wonderful Quick Service locations around Epcot that offer great cuisine for a much lower price! These locations will certainly make for great dining options for date night in Epcot at Disney World. My favorites are:
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie: Nothing says romance more than France! Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie has some outstanding food options. My mouth starts watering just looking at all of the amazing food cases! They serve up some excellent soups, salads, and sandwiches and delectable desserts including macarons and creme brûlées! Table space can be limited, however, you can bring your food to any of the other beautiful locations in the France Pavilion!
- Tangierine Cafe: Right across the way from Spice Road Table is Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco Pavilion. Seriously, you need to give Moroccan cuisine a try as it is extremely flavorful (not necessarily spicy!). This Cafe specializes in shawarma platters with chicken, lamb, or a vegetarian option. You get a lot of food for the price as well!
- La Cantina de San Angel: Located in the Mexico Pavilion, La Cantina de San Angel shares the same great views with La Hacienda de San Angel. The food here is delicious and most of the seating is lakeside! I always enjoy the guacamole, Taco Trio, and Empanadas con Queso. So yummy! Additionally, be sure to get your margaritas at Choza de Margarita before sitting down for dinner. You’re welcome!
The Epcot lounges have small food offerings and serve simply outstanding drinks! I have 2 that are always on my list of must-dos that make great date night haunts. They are:
- La Cava del Tequila: Mexico is just a great place for ambiance and food! My husband and I love going to La Cava Del Tequila. It is located inside the Mexico Pavilion in an intimate atmosphere. They serve light bites (chips and guacamole), but really shine when it comes to drinks! The margaritas are top-notch and they serve tequila-flights and specialty Mexican beers. It truly is a great date night location!
- Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar: Can date night get more special when it is in a wine cellar?! Located in the Italy Pavilion, Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar is a cozy wine bar that offers Italian wines and beers. Plus, they have outstanding selections of meats and cheeses, desserts, and other savory Italian fare!
Outdoor Kitchens for Festivals
Epcot has become known for its year round festivals that offer amazing small bites! It is a lot of fun to wonder around the park and sample food from the Outdoor Kitchens. The cuisine is unique to each festival! The festivals that are currently offered are:
- International Festival of the Arts: From mid-January to late-February, Festival of the Arts is the newest addition to the line-up that celebrates visual, culinary, and performing arts. There are over 15 outdoor kitchens that offer very creative cuisine!
- International Flower and Garden Festival: This is my favorite festival that runs from early-March to early-June. The entire park is transformed by the amazing flowers and topiaries. The kitchens offer farm fresh food that is not to be missed!
- International Food & Wine Festival: From late summer to fall, Epcot is home to its more popular festival, Food & Wine! This is a foodie’s paradise with all of the amazing food and (adult) beverage options.
- International Festival of the Holidays: This is Epcot’s annual yuletide festival that runs from fall into winter. The chefs really outdo themselves and come up with great seasonal cuisine! It is a lot of fun to wonder around and sample traditional holiday fare from around the world!
You are bound to have a great date night in Epcot at Disney World if you visit during one of its famous festivals!
Those are my suggestions for dining options during date night in Epcot. I can’t wait to share my recommendations for things to do as well! Be sure to visit us again on Monday for a follow-up post. I hope this all helps you plan an out-of-this world date night!